This workshop explores the impact trauma may have with various client population in various situations. The workshop will be tailored to meet the needs of a specific group demographic depending on the focus of the group. i.e. children trauma, family, refugees/war, trauma, grief, divorce/loss, post traumatic stress disorder.
Aims: Participants become familiar with the basic therapeutic needs and interventions of the various client population that may seek counseling.
– What every helper needs to be aware of concerning psychological trauma and its impact.
– Psychological Trauma
– Impact of abuse (i.e. physical abuse, sexual abuse, spiritual abuse)
– Impact of family violence
– Impact of abortion
– Impact of rape
Acute Trauma (PTSD – post traumatic stress disorder)
– Unique aspects of war and terrorism
– Unique aspects of refugee trauma
– Unique aspects of disaster outreach
Trauma Counseling – phases and interventions
– Trauma Psychotherapy – typical phases
– Unique Aspects of Children’s Trauma
Grief Counseling – phases of grief
-Impact of loss of loved one (death, divorce)
– Impact of loss of job/security etc.
Small group circles